- 1 oz. rye whiskey
- 1 oz. Speyside single malt Scotch
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. Jack Rudy small-batch tonic syrup
- ½ oz. honey syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 dashes Bar Keep Chinese (five spice) bitters
- 2 scant dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
HONEY SYRUP: Combine one part water with one part honey in a pot. Warm over medium heat, stirring, until the honey dissolves. Remove from heat. Cool.
TRANSATLANTIC: Combine with whiskey, Speyside Scotch, lemon juice, Jack Rudy tonic syrup, honey syrup, Bar Keep bitters and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well. Double strain into a chilled coupe glass. Finish with two scant dashes of cayenne from a shaker.
Photo by Elise Poché
Related Stories & Recipes
A sour is a category of cocktails that simply include a base spirit, a sour component and a sweet component. Margaritas, for example, are sours because they include tequila, lime juice and sugar. I...