- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 Tbsp. egg yolks
- prepared pie crust
- ½ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- pinch nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together and set aside.
3. Prepare a homemade or store-bought crust and press into a pie plate.
4. Fill crust with dry ingredients.
5. Pour wet ingredients into crust, over dry ingredients.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until the quiche does not jiggle when you shake the pie plate.
7. Let rest, preferably for 1 hour. Serve with red onion jam or salad.
Photo by James Harris.
Related Stories & Recipes
This quiche came from one of my oldest, dearest friends in the world, Sue Boore Foster. Sue’s father, Frank Boore, was the longtime owner of two beloved St. Petersburg restaurants, Aunt Hattie’s an...
With a cornmeal crust on the bottom and a layer of heirloom tomatoes on top, this might be your new favorite quiche.