When I joined the features staff at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in 1983, Thelma’s Kitchen on Techwood Avenue was a favored lunchtime destination for cops, AJC reporters, and staff fro...
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or frozen deep-dish pie crust)
- 1½ cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (2- to 3-inch pieces) asparagus
- ½ cup crabmeat (backfin is fine), picked over
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 3 extra-large or jumbo eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
Photo by Mary Britton Senseney. From The Beach House Cookbook by Mary Kay Andrews (St. Martin's Press, 2017).
Related Stories & Recipes
Cold soups, I’ve learned, are pretty much an acquired taste. I love ’em, but others in my family? Not so much. I love traditional vichyssoise but wanted to change it up a little. I think the additi...
With a cornmeal crust on the bottom and a layer of heirloom tomatoes on top, this might be your new favorite quiche.